We wanted to let our Solid Edge community know in advance that this summer’s release of Solid Edge will officially be named Solid Edge 2019 (instead of Solid Edge ST11). As we are rapidly expanding the Solid Edge portfolio beyond CAD, this release version change will keep Solid Edge product versions aligned and consistent (i.e. Solid Edge 2019, Solid Edge 3D Publishing 2019, Solid Edge Illustrations 2019, and so forth). We selected Solid Edge 2019 to be consistent with the year in which most of the products’ usage will take place. It’s kind of like you see with cars where the model year comes out the year before.
- The Solid Edge 2019 default installation folders is located under the Program Files\Siemens folder. The 2019 default folder structure is Program Files\Siemens\Solid Edge 2019.
- The 2019 registry entries move under the Siemens node for both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. The Solid Edge node is named Solid Edge 2019. The Version node is eliminated and the current folders move under the Solid Edge 2019 folder. Subsequent releases will add a folder at the level of Solid Edge 2019 and populate the registry entries below that node.
- Solid Edge 2019 AppData folders are populated under the Siemens folder. The 2019 folder structure is AppData\Roaming\Siemens\Solid Edge 2019. Subsequent releases will create a new folder at the same level as 2019.
- Solid Edge 2019 build numbers change from 111.00.00.xxx to 219.00.00.xxx.
- v219.0 replaces v111.0 in on-line Incident reporting and other Siemens on-line applications